Thursday, April 15, 2010

Occupying My Time...


I have taken up a part-time job and I love it. I work between 14 and 24 hours a week at Merchants of German Village, a furniture consignment shop. Since the shop isn't busy constantly, I needed to find something to do during down times. My wonderful husband, who loves to read (currently, he is reading ALL of the Star Wars series...), suggested that I take a book with me to work to occupy my time. I, never being much of a reader, reluctantly agreed.

Isaac (that is my husband's name) decided to make a trip to the library, to see if he could find any of his series there. Before he left I asked him to pick up Pride and Prejudice for me (my sister has been telling me to read this for several years now). When Isaac returned from the library he handed me a book, not the one I requested. He said, "The library didn't have Pride and Prejudice, but they had this one by Jane Austen, Persuasion."

So, the next day I was to work I began to read it. That was Tuesday. Today is Thursday, and I finished the book this morning. I loved it. I cannot wait to read the other Austen books. Which one should I read next

2 comments:

  1. Emma...possibly...you could make a speedy trip to Barnes and Noble or Borders...they have the complete collection of Jane Austen in one volume...I don't think it was expensive! ;-) Glad you enjoyed Persuasion!

    ReplyDelete